Thursday, September 19, 2013

Updates! :)



Yesterday I had a board meeting to attend and was not at the circle up so I'm going to go over a couple of VERY IMPORTANT things first, and then some not so important things.

SATURDAY I NEED GAME TOPS AFTER THE GAME. This means, if you are not attending the game (I believe I have only heard from one parent about this) then I will NEED your game top prior to the game. We are embroidering them to use for our competition uniforms. I will discuss uniforms a bit further in detail at a parent meeting, but for now I just need cooperation with collecting all game tops. THOSE GAME TOPS NOT COLLECTED WILL NOT BE EMBROIDERED
COMPETITION IS OCTOBER 5TH AND THAT MEANS WE HAVE A SHORT TURN AROUND. I am a very heavy believer about fixing problems rather than dwelling over them so at this time we are working to get the uniforms comp ready with what we have. I also request those who have body liners from last year to please try them on, make sure they fit, and let me know.

PRACTICES FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEK (I am going to try to put together a calendar so it's nicely laid out, I have just had my hands tied with school, work, and everything else cheer has been bringing. I promise I am working hard to keep things running smoothly) Schedule starting from this Friday.

Friday, September 20th LOCATION ORTEGA PARK 6-815
HOME GAME SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST ARRIVE AT 10AM KICK OFF NOON
Monday, September 23rd LOCATION FAIR OAKS PARK 6-815
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH ORTEGA PARK 6-815
Friday, September 27th, ORTEGA park 6-815
GAME SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH IN BERKLEY, ARRIVAL 10, GAME NOON
Monday, October 30th, FAIR OAKS park 6-815
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2ND ORTEGA PARK 6-815
Friday, October 3rd, Ortega Park 6-815
COMPETITION OCTOBER 5TH AT SHORELINE. PLAN FOR AN EARLY MORNING

**please note the changes for the next two weeks are Monday, Thursday, and Friday.
I also want to note that we are fortunate enough practicing indoor or to at least have the indoor facility available to us for all practices. I know this may seem like an inconvenience, but many Pop Warner organizations actually do not get set locations and are still practicing outside for this cold weather.
**Also note that Invitational Competition is Quickly upon us. The week of September 30th is MANDATORY To compete unless you have previously discussed with me.
**I advise using your phone to take a picture of the practice schedule above so you know where the practices are on each date. I would LOVE to keep it simply at one location, but I think alternating is a great way for us to take advantage of the features both parks have to offer as well as the building availability does play a significant role in where we will be.

Side note!

BUY OUT AND FUNDRAISER: Thank you parents who have completed either the fundraiser or the buy out. We are still waiting on a few, and I have talked with some parents. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reach out to me early so that I will work with you. As it gets later in the season, circumstances become not so understandable. MAKE THAT CONVERSATION HAPPEN so that we are aware immediately.

COMPETITION TEAMS: After Jamboree, the list of what teams in our division has been sent out. Of the 19 jamboree teams, we have 7 in our division. I am confident that our girls are going to perform successful amongst these teams, but it will definitely keep us on our toes. It is important that we keep the girls focused and practicing at home. They have been doing a great job of this, so keep up the good work.

PARENT MEETING: The meeting that I have been talking about will tentatively be scheduled for October 9th. I am still trying to figure out what time I want it to be, I will do my best to make it convenient for the parents. The Wednesday following competition. It will be conducted by me as I have some things to discuss moving forward with the season. Nationals will approach us very quickly and I want to make sure that parents are aware of everything. It is also very important to me to have a midpoint check point. I feel we have been doing a great job this season as a whole Jr. Pee Wee team.

Keep up the great work everyone!

A note from my Training and Development Course

Practice Makes Perfect If Practice is Perfect



No comments:

Post a Comment